Have you wanted to get rid of that old tub that’s been taking up space in your bathroom? Or are you tired of staring at the same shower that’s been there for years? If so, then it might be time for a change. Tub-to-shower conversions can not only brighten up your bathroom but also provide several other benefits.
What Exactly is a Tub-to-Shower Conversion?
A tub-to-shower conversion is a great way to ditch the old, outdated bathtub and replace it with a new shower. This process can be completed in as little as one day, and it’s surprisingly more affordable than you think. The entire bathroom will be given an updated look and feel while also adding practical functionality.
Let’s take a look at some of the top reasons to consider a tub-to-shower conversion.
- Increased Safety – One of the most significant benefits of converting your tub to a shower is increased safety. Getting in and out of a bathtub can be tricky, especially for those with limited mobility. Showers, on the other hand, are much easier and safer to use. With a conversion, you can have peace of mind knowing that you or your loved ones are less likely to fall and injure themselves.
- Save Water – Another great benefit of tub-to-shower conversions is that they help save water. Bathtubs can use upwards of 50 gallons of water per fill, while showers use significantly less. Switching to a shower can reduce your water usage and lower your monthly bills. On top of that, you’ll also be doing your part to conserve this valuable resource.
- Increase Your Home’s Value – In addition to all the functional benefits, a tub-to-shower conversion can also increase the value of your home. Because they are becoming increasingly popular, potential buyers see conversions as a valuable asset. So, if you’re ever thinking about selling your home, having this type of conversion done could help you get top dollar for your property.
Is Any Household Eligible for a Tub-to-Shower Conversion?
Yes! Tub-to-shower conversions are suitable for most households. If you have the necessary space and plumbing to accommodate a shower, then you can enjoy all of these benefits. The only way to know for sure is to have an expert take a look and give you the green light.
What to Consider When Thinking About a Tub-to-Shower Conversion
Before you decide to convert your tub to a shower, there are some things you should consider. Make sure that the space is suitable for conversion. If your bathroom is too small or has structural challenges, then it might not be feasible to do this type of project. Additionally, if you’re considering selling your home in the future, you should check with local real estate agents to see how much value a conversion could add.
As you can see, there are many advantages to converting your tub to a shower. Not only will it help make your bathroom safer and more functional, but it could also increase its value and help conserve water. So, if you’re considering a tub-to-shower conversion, consider all the pros and cons before making your decision.
What Are Other Home Remodeling Projects Often Paired With Tub-to-Shower Conversion?
Many other home remodeling projects are often paired with tub-to-shower conversions, such as installing new tile or replacing outdated fixtures. These projects can help further enhance the look and function of your bathroom. Additionally, it’s also a good idea to add insulation and ventilation to your space to make it safer and more energy efficient. By tackling several projects at once, you can make the most out of your tub-to-shower conversion and get the bathroom of your dreams!
What to Look for When Hiring a Professional for Your Tub-to-Shower Conversion?
Once you’ve decided that a tub-to-shower conversion is right for you, the next step is to hire a professional contractor. Here are some tips on what to look for when selecting the right person to do the job:
- Reputation – Make sure to research the contractor and ask around to see if they have a good reputation in the community and the industry. You want to ensure that you’re working with someone with experience doing tub-to-shower conversions and who can be trusted to do quality work.
- Insurance – You should also ensure that the contractor has liability insurance to cover any damages or accidents that may occur during the project. Without it, you could be on the hook for costly repairs.
- Licensed – Finally, make sure that the contractor is licensed to work in your area. This will ensure that they are up-to-date with all local building codes and regulations and can do a safe and compliant job.
- Quality Materials – Make sure that the contractor is using quality materials for the conversion. Ask questions about the type of tiles, fixtures, and other materials they plan on using so that you can get the best results possible.
How Perry Brothers Construction Ticks All Three Boxes
At Perry Brothers Construction, we provide high-end tub-to-shower conversions. Our experienced team can help you transform your bathroom and make it safer, more efficient, and more stylish. Plus, all our work is backed by insurance and the highest quality materials available on the market.
Another advantage of working with us is that we provide personalized services. Our team works closely with you to understand your needs and develop a plan tailored specifically to your home.
We are a family-owned business that treats each of our customers like family. We take pride in our work and want to ensure that you’re happy with the results.
Contact Our Home Remodeling Professionals Today
A tub-to-shower conversion can be an easy and cost-effective way to add value to your home. Plus, it comes with all the practical benefits of increased safety and water savings. So, why not take the plunge and make the switch today? You won’t regret it!
If you’re ready to get started with a tub-to-shower conversion, contact Perry Brothers Construction. Our team of professionals can help make your dream bathroom a reality. Contact us today at 781-233-7511 for more information and to schedule an appointment! We look forward to hearing from you!